Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis.
Product Owner, Payment Processing
- To support the growth of Interswitch’s payment products by delivering best software solutions to our innovative and industry leading products.
Strategy and Planning:
- Contribute to the vision and strategy development for allocated products, considering the trends in the industry both globally and locally to enable the attainment of the business objectives.
- Create a roadmap, aligned to the product strategy, and conduct periodic progress reviews to support the alignment of stakeholders towards a common goal and to drive the execution of the strategy.
- Support the development of the product road map and identifying growth opportunities for your product
- Work closely with the line manager to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Keep abreast with Agile best practices and new trends
Implementation and Measurement:
- Participate in the development of new products and innovations as a member of the project team and ensure that the scope and vision is adhered to enable the delivery of timely solutions.
- Carry out the role of a Product Owner in agile teams
- Coordinate the piloting of new products or features with clients, feedback the reviews, issues and defect to the project team for resolution to ensure the deployment of a fully functional, reliable product.
- Providing vision, direction, and feature list to meet customer requirements, to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Assess value, develop and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release / Sprint Goals
- Monitor and report on the performance of the product and identify any issues to ensure the sustained provision of stable and reliable services to all users.
- Provide technical support to sales and business development teams to enable the effective conversion of leads to revenue.
- Good 1st degree in relevant field / discipline
- Professional Qualification(s): Professional certifications in agile and scrum
- Experience (Number of relevant years): Minimum of 3 years experience product management with preferred experience in data-driven, highly competitive, complex, dynamic and digital environments such as payments & fintech, financial services or e-commerce.
Application Closing Date
How to Appy
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online