Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Operations Analyst
- Our Product Operations Analysts sit within the Operations team and at the heart of Chipper. Product Operations Analysts help keep customers happy by proactively resolving product issues and acting as a point of escalation for more complicated customer support inquiries.
- Most important is your ability to respond to customers with empathy and work alongside the customer support team to solve their problems. The Product Operations team also works closely with the Product and Engineering teams.
- It’s about much more than resolving tickets. It’s about helping us also find solutions that will prevent customers from having problems in the first place and help us deliver on the promise of Chipper working like magic.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working within our systems to resolve ongoing product-related issues until they can be resolved by the Engineering team.
- Proactively identifying patterns and trends of product issues. Seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make our customers’ lives easier
- Providing consultative support to the Customer Operations team when customer issues are escalated
- Working with the Compliance team to act as the first line of defense to help spot and investigate trends
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing bank, mobile money, card, and other various transaction types and helping manage customers with their Chipper onboarding
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers’ feedback and feature requests to the product teams. Plus, being the first point of call for customer complaints to make sure that they’re treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns
- Familiarity with the product operations role will allow you to expand your knowledge to other areas of customer operations and the company in general. This ranges from the Product teams to the Compliance teams etc!
Qualifications You Will Need
- 1-3 years experience in solving difficult customer problems, ideally at a financial services organization or other digital products
- Experience working cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, and/or Compliance Teams
- Experience handling customer inquiries via email, chat, or other written communication
- Be self-driven. You should be self-motivated and enjoy a lot of independence. We’re a dedicated, hardworking team that is collectively motivate
- Have a global mindset and be tolerant of others. We're still growing but we are a company of many cultures and backgrounds
- Be comfortable with asynchronous conversations and an understanding of your coworkers' roles
- Be open to working some nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package based on experience
- Be part of a company growing at a rocket ship pace solving a real problem.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online