St. Mary Dedication British International High Schools is a renowned educational institution known for its academic excellence and morally upright students. St Mary Dedication British international school challenges students to develop what is finest in themselves and others, for others and themselves.
Sapele Road Benin, Edo
- We are searching for a well-rounded individual to provide leadership of management of academic and pastoral programs for the secondary school in line with the schools Vision and Mission.
- An outstanding candidate would be a visionary leader with effective communication skills and a desire to provide diverse students with an exceptional education.
- A full understanding of the British curriculum would be very desirable.
- Development of standardized curricula
- Introducing innovative academic activities and extra curricular that will enhance the students, study experience.
- Directly line manage heads of Departments and chair meetings
- Marking lesson notes and monitoring of teacher’s delivery of the curriculum.
- Ensure that department curriculum documentation ensures a breadth of knowledge and progression of skills that will cater to all groups of students across the ability spectrum.
- Oversee the setting up, writing and production of high quality secondary school reports to parents.
- Be responsible for the updating of handbooks and job descriptions, particularly in the Secondary school.
- Ensure adequate cover supervision is provided for absent colleagues
- Directly monitor standard through; work scrutiny’s, department reviews, observations, teacher and student feedback and individual appraisal or staff.
- Be responsible for discipline in the secondary school, in particular dealing with serious behavioral issues, suspending students etc.
- Involvement in the staff hire process.
- Encourage parent involvement in school academic and extra curricular activities
- Development of safety protocol and emergency response procedures.
- Attending school functions
- Coordination and Implementation of Career and College Readiness programs
- Minimum Bachelors in Education, or Education Administration, other relevant fields are also welcome.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in Administration
- A desire to work with children.
- Advanced Degree/ training/ or evidence of continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- This is a senior management position directly answerable to the Proprietress and school board.
- Provision of tasteful accommodation and security.
- Provision of a driver
- Other benefits are negotiable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online