Bookminders Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Graphic designers use their creative and artistic abilities to communicate ideas, inform consumers and solve problems. From the layout of a website to large images seen on billboards, posters, brochures &magazines, to creating logos, graphic designers create visual concepts by hand or by computer to help others interpret the world around them through color, texture, images, and symbols.
Graphic designers may be responsible for all aspects of a company's design process, or they might specialize in a particular field such as advertising, digital design, illustration or branding.
However, graphic designers need creativity first and foremost, as well as knowledge of the industry's standard software. They are sometimes called graphic artists.
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- Establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images.
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicating with clients about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as Photoshop.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Arts, Design, Communications, or related field.
- Experience as a graphic designer or in related field.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, Illustrator, sketch and other graphic design software.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with computer-aided design.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A strong and excellent eye for visual composition and detail.
27th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.