Cowrywise is a digital wealth management platform democratising access to savings and investment products for the underserved and growing millennials in Africa. Joining us means you are part of an interdisciplinary team with a lofty vision of building the next-generation wealth management platform for Africans. We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our current >500k users access, start and build savings and investment culture across different asset classes. We envision growing our user base to 10million by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Lagos, NG
Job Type: Full-Time
About this Position
- In achieving our goal of making wealth management accessible to Africans, we work with a lot of data from different sources.
- We are looking for a Data Scientist who will make these data fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
- You will help us analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns and use them to optimize our performance.
- You will build data products to extract valuable business insights, analyze trends, and help us make better decisions.
- We are looking for someone passionate about answering tough questions with data.
You will fit in if you can:
- Build robust data models, reports, and visualizations to support the business
- Create predictive models and be familiar with various machine-learning algorithms
- Identify the needs of the business and product teams, and come up with appropriate data-driven solutions.
- Identify the required data needed and work with the engineering team to ensure such data is collected and available to produce relevant business insights.
- Work with the product teams to create new products and features based on derived insights from data.
- You would have an additional advantage if:
- You have previous experience in deploying machine learning models to production
- You have in-depth knowledge about the finance/fin-tech space.
You must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist and carrying out data analytics.
- Experience involving using quantitative data analysis to solve real-world problems.
- Skill and experience in extracting insights from data and communicating such insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A solid grounding in SQL and Python.
- Enjoy exploring data, building and evaluating machine learning models
- Excellent collaborative skills and enjoy working with a diverse group of people to solve problems
- Experience with open-source data science/machine learning, analytics tools, libraries, and frameworks like Scikit learn, Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scipy, Tensorflow, etc.
If selected, you would have access to:
- Earn in the top 10% of industry benchmark
- Working with some of the smartest and creative engineers
- 21 days paid leave and 13th-month salary
- Fully-funded all-round health insurance
- 12% employer’s pension contribution
- An exciting opportunity to network vertically and horizontally with different businesses across the diverse sectors we interact with
- Free lunch, data allowance, and other additional benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online